Alenka Kavčič is an assistant at Faculty of Computer and Information Science. Beside her pedagogical responsibilities, she is involved in a number of research projects related to multimedia and internet technologies, computer-based education and learning, human-computer interaction, and virtual and augmented reality. Her main research interest is in the field of hypermedia and computer based learning, in particular adaptive hypermedia systems and user modelling, web-based educational systems, and information technologies in education.
International Exchange: Tuesday from 10.00 to 11.00 in room R3.73
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, June 2001, University of Ljubljana.
Title: Adaptation in Web-Based Educational Hypermedia With Regard to the Uncertainty of User Knowledge (abstract).
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, December 1998, University of Ljubljana.
Title: Adaptive Hypermedia Learning Systems (abstract).
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, September 1992, University of Ljubljana.
Title: Reconstruction of 3D objects from multiple 2D pictures (abstract).
- Assistant at Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana.
- Visiting teacher at University of Leeds, United Kingdom (from November 15 to November 19 2004), under Socrates/Erasmus Teachers Mobility Program. Involved in the teaching of the ELEC 2610 Course (Software Engineering using C++) in the second year at School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- Visiting researcher at University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain (from November 2002 to February 2003). Working on InterMediActor Project under supervision of Prof. Angel Navia Vázquez.
- Microsoft WPGI in Dublin, Ireland (from April to December 1995). Working on localization of software products.
- Member of IEEE, Computer Society and ACM Slovenija.
- Member of a Scientific Committee for a Special Track "Uncertainty and the Web: Search, Personalization and Usability" of Atlantic Web Intelligence Conference 2003 (AWIC'03, Madrid, Spain, 5-7 May 2003).
- CREA - Network of summer academies for the improvement of entrepreneurship ininnovative sectors, European Project (Framework Programmes), 644988, 2015−2017
- eExperiments - Modern teaching of natural sciences using flexible open source measuring system, Structural Funds Project, 2015−2015
- EtnoFletno: Slovenian folk song and music on mobile devices, Structural Funds Project, 2014−2015
- PerceiveConceive: an application for ICT-supported inclusion of blind and visually impaired youth in society, Structural Funds Project, 2014−2015
- ASPECT: Adopting Standards and Specifications for Educational Content, European Project (Framework Programmes), ECP-2007-EDU-417008, 2008−2011
- ETNOKATALOG: retrieval of semantic data from folk song and music, based on melodic and metro-rhythmic analysis, Basic Research and Application Project, J6-0145, 2008−2011
- SAKE: Web Architecture as a Learning Technology for Constructivist e-Learning, Structural Funds Project, 3211-09-000541, 2009−2010
- DIDIKTA - analysis and development of didactics in ICT supported teaching and learning, Target Research programmes, V5-0425, 2008−2010
- MELT: A Metadata Ecology for Learning and Teaching, European Project (Framework Programmes), ECP-2005-EDU-038103, 2006−2009
- ETHNOMUSE: multimedia digital archive of slovenian folk music and folk dance culture, Target Research programmes, V2-0216, 2006−2008
- Second Click on Slovene, Industry-Funded Project, 2006−2008
- e-VIZUS: Informatization of learning and training in Slovenian Armed Forces, Target Research programmes, M5-0164, 2006−2007
- E-materials for computer science and informatics, Structural Funds Project, 3311-06-297038, 2006−2007
- AgentGrid: Multi-Agent System Development using Grid, Target Research programmes, V2-0129, 2004−2006