I am an assistant at the Faculty of Computer and Information science, University of Ljubljana, and member of the Laboratory for Biomedical Computer Systems and Imaging. I graduated in 1997, in 2000 I got my masters degree and in 2004 I defended my PhD thesis in the field of computer and information science at theFaculty of Computer and Information science, University of Ljubljana.
My research interests are in the field of analysis of biomedical signals, specifically analysis of electrocardiograms, where my research is mainly in detection and characterization of transient ischemic episodes.
- Metabolic and inborn factors of reproducive health, birth , Research Programme, P3-0124, 2004−2019
- Maintaining, updating and distribution of the Long Term ST Database (LTST DB), International Project, 2002−2007
- Development of Long Term ST Database (LTST DB), Industry-Funded Project, 1997−2002
- A. Smrdel and F. Jager. Multipass Algorithm for Detection of Transient ST Segment Changes in Electrocardiogram. Electrotechnical review, Vol. 65(5), pp. 289-295, 1998.
- A. Smrdel, G.B. Moody, G. Antolič, F. Jager, and R.G. Mark. Relationship Among Heart Rate, Patterns of Ischemic Change and Time of Day. Computers in Cardiology 1999, pp. 551-554, IEEE Press, 1999.
- F. Jager, A. Taddei, M. Emdin, G. Antolič, R. Dorn, G.B. Moody, B. Glavič, A. Smrdel, M. Varanini, M. Zabukovec, S. Bordigiago, C. Marchesi, and R.G. Mark. The Long-Term ST Database: A Research Resource for Algorithm Development and Physiologic Studies of Transient Myocardial Ischemia. Computers in Cardiology 2000, pp. 841-844, IEEE Press, 2000.
- F. Jager, A. Taddei, G.B. Moody, M. Emdin, G. Antolič, R. Dorn, A. Smrdel, C. Marchesi, and R.G. Mark. Long-term ST database: a reference for the development and evaluation of automated ischaemia detectors and for the study of the dynamics of myocardial ischaemia. Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., Vol. 41, pp. 172-182, 2003.
- A. Smrdel and F. Jager. Automated detection of transient ST segment episodes in 24-hour electrocardiograms. Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., Vol. 42, pp. 303-311, 2004.
- F. Jager, A. Smrdel, and R. G. Mark. An Open-Source Tool to Evaluate Performance of Transient ST Segment Episode Detection Algorithms. Computers in Cardiology 2004, pp. 585-588, IEEE Press, 2004.
- A. Smrdel and F. Jager. Diurnal Changes of Heart Rate and Sympatho-Vagal Activity for Temporal Patterns of Transient Ischemia. Computers in Cardiology 2005, pp. 857-860, IEEE Press, 2005.