I graduated and received PhD from University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science in 2004 where I am currently employed as a teaching assistant. My research areas include intelligent agents, multi-agent systems, ontologies and data mining.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, 2010.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems and Informatics, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, 2004.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science (2009 - now)
- Junior researcher, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science (2004 - 2009)
- Researcher, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science (2002 - 2004)
- Demonstrator and system administrator, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering (2001 - 2003)
- Teacher and system administrator, Primary school Medvode (2001 - 2002)
- Researcher and developer, IS.Edico (1997 - 2000)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advance English (CAE), 2006.
- Best student paper titled Povezava rezultatov spletnega inteligentnega agenta s podatki pomembnimi za poslovne odločitve at Dnevih Slovenske Informatike, 2004.
- Microsoft Certified Professional, 2000.
- Citrix Certified Administrator, 1999.
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme, P2-0359, 2009−2017
- Intelligent ontology-based information retreival, Bilateral Collaboration Project, BI-RS/12-13-038, 2012−2013
- Managing technical, busines and social implications of Internet of things in Slovene environment, Target Research programmes, V2-1022, 2010−2011
- Lavbič, Dejan, Bajec, Marko. 2012. Employing Semantic Web technologies in financial instruments trading. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications. 1(2), pp. 167-182.
- Lavbič, Dejan. 2012. Knowledge Management with Multi-Agent System in BI Systems Integration. E-Business - Applications and Global Acceptance. Book chapter, pp. 53 - 72.
- Zrnec, Aljaž, Lavbič, Dejan. 2011. Comparison of Cloud vs. Tape Backup Performance and Costs with Oracle Database. Journal of Information and Organizational Sciences, 35(1), pp. 135-142.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Lajovic, Iztok, Krisper, Marjan. 2010. Facilitating information system development with Panoramic view on data. Computer Science and Information Systems. 7(4), pp. 737 - 768.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Vasilecas, Olegas, Rupnik, Rok. 2010. Ontology based Multi-Agent System to support business users and management. Technological and economic development of economy, 16(2), pp. 327 - 347.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Krisper, Marjan. 2010. Facilitating ontology development with continuous evaluation. Informatica, 21(4), pp. 533 - 552.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Rupnik, Rok. 2009. Multi-Agent System for Decision Support in Enterprises. Journal of Information and Organizational Sciences, 33(2), pp. 269-284.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Krisper, Marjan. 2009. Rapid Ontology Developement, 19th European - Japanese conference on Information modelling and knowledge bases.
- Lavbič, Dejan, Krisper, Marjan. 2008. Rapid Ontology Development model based on Business Rules management approach for the use in business applications, 10th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems.
More information about other publications and research can be found at my web site.