I am primarily interested in computer graphics, simulations, fuzzy logic, processing structures of the future and the modelling of artificial life. Indeed the application of fuzzy logic to the modelling of artificial life was also the topic of my PhD dissertation. What I find most appealing in this merging is to assist biologists, ethologists, behaviourists, etc. by enabling the rules of behaviour of artificial animals, or animats, to be described linguistically. Other than that I spend quite a lot of time researching different and apparently unrelated fields like the integration of the Bluetooth technology into hospital information systems, modelling and simulation of organized groups, and multi-valued logic, based on quantum-dot cellular automata.
Activities and Events
I finished the Computer Science Programme at the Technical School Centre in Nova Gorica in 1994 and continued my studies at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science until my PhD dissertation in 2005.
- 2000, 3rd place at the 10th student paper competition, ERK'2000, Portorose, Slovenia;
- 1994, best high school graduate of the Technical School Centre in Nova Gorica, Slovenia;
- 1993, runner-up at the 17th Young Innovator Competition, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme, P2-0359, 2009−2017
- RFID-F2F, RFID from Farm to Fork, International Project, E200, 2010−2012
- Development of a new algorithm for the extrapolation of properties of skeletal muscles from an analogue signal, Industry-Funded Project, 2010−2010
- Analysis of MTBF determination and Selecitve QinQ implementation, Industry-Funded Project, S-619, 2009−2009
- Flexible display with an integrated communication module , Industry-Funded Project, TP MIR 07/RR/19, 2007−2009
- Optimization of resiliency and fast convergence in the Ethernet network environment, Industry-Funded Project, 03/FRI-IT/ES-2006, 2006−2009
- Introduction of fuzzy logic into the process of defence system management, Target Research programmes, M2-0170, 2006−2008
- Randomness verification and irregularity analysis of a mechanical random generator that is to be part of a game machine, Industry-Funded Project, 2008−2008
- Demšar J, Hemelrijk C K, Hildenbrandt H, Lebar Bajec I. Simulating predator attacks on schools: evolving composite tactics. Ecological Modelling, 304:22-33, 2015.
- Demšar J, Lebar Bajec I. Simulated predator attacks on flocks: a comparison of tactics. Artificial Life, 20(3):363-379, 2014.
- Lebar Bajec I, Pečar P. Two-layer synchronized ternary quantum-dot cellular automata wire crossings. Nanoscale Research Letters, 7(1):211, 2012.
- Lebar Bajec I, Heppner F H. Organized flight in birds. Animal Behaviour, 78(4):777-789, 2009.
- Pečar P, Ramšak A, Zimic N, Mraz M, Lebar Bajec I. Adiabatic pipelining: A key to ternary computing with quantum dots. Nanotechnology, 19(49):495401, 2008.
- Pečar P, Mraz M, Zimic N, Janež M, Lebar Bajec I. Solving the ternary quantum-dot cellular automata logic gate problem by means of adiabatic switching. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 47(6):5000-5006, 2008.
- Lebar Bajec I, Mraz M. Multi-valued Logic Based on Quantum-dot Cellular Automata. International Journal of Unconventional Computing 3(4):311-322, 2007.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. The Computational Beauty of Flocking: Boids Revisited. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems 13(4):331-347, 2007.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. Towards the bottom-up concept: Extended quantum-dot cellular automata. Microelectronic Engineering 83(4-9):1826-1829, 2006.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. The ternary quantum-dot cell and ternary logic. Nanotechnology 17(8):1937-1942, 2006.
- Lebar Bajec I. Fuzzy Model for a Computer Simulation of Bird Flocking (PhD dissertation). Ljubljana: Faculty of Computer and Information Science, 2005.
- Lebar Bajec I. Fuzzy Logic and Bird Flocking Simulations (invited lecture). Kingston, RI: University of Rhode Island, Department of Biological Sciences, 15.4.2005.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. Simulating Flocks on the Wing: The Fuzzy Approach. Journal of Theoretical Biology 233(2):199-220, 2005.
- Lebar Bajec I, Trunk P, Oseli D, Zimic N. Virtual Coronary Cineangiography. Computers in Biology and Medicine 33(3):293-302, 2003.
- Lebar Bajec I, Mraz M, Oseli D, Klemenc M, Zimic N. PICAMS - Post Intensive CAre Monitoring System. Informatica Medica Slovenica 8(1):20-26, 2003.