The Computer Structures and Systems Laboratory performs research in the fields of computer structures, systems and networks. The interest in computer structures becomes evident through the study of alternative approaches to decision making (multi-valued, probabilistic, and fuzzy logic), as well as through the study of alternative processing platforms (cellular automata, quantum-dot cellular automata, animats). On the other hand the interest in computer systems and networks becomes evident through the study of reliability, cooperativeness and performance of computer systems.
- Prof. Nikolaj Zimic, PhD, Head of the Laboratory
- Prof. Miha Mraz, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Iztok Lebar Bajec, PhD
- Assist. Prof. Miha Moškon, PhD
- as. Mattia Petroni
- as. Jure Demšar
- as. Jure Bordon
- Miran Koprivec
The members of the Computer Structures and Systems Laboratory are part of the program and review committees of the following International Conferences and renowned Journals:
- ACM SIGGRAPH Sandbox Symposium
- International Conference on Micro- and Nano-engineering 2007
- Information Sciences
- Microelectronic Engineering
- Department of Biological Sciences, University of Rhode Island (Frank H. Heppner)
- Department of Computer Science and Statistics, University of Rhode Island (James G. Kowalski)
- Department of Mathematics, University of Rhode Island (Lewis Pakula)
- Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova (Michele Zorzi)
- Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute, National Technical University (Gapon Anatoly Ivanovich)
- Department of Digital Communications and Computer Networks, Institut Jožef Stefan (Igor Ozimek)
- Electronic Engineering, Fachhochschul Joanneum Gesellschaft mbH (Hubert Berger)
- Department of Intensive Internal Medicine, Nova Gorica General Hospital "dr. Franc Derganc" (Matjaž Klemenc)
- ELEKTRINA d.o.o. (Urban Bergant, Matej Humar)
- IskraTel d.o.o. (Tomo Jarc)
- Hermes SoftLab d.d. (Bojan Šneberger)
- Iskra Transmission d.d. (Bojan Likar)
- OurSpace d.o.o. (Jure Božič)
- Pečar P, Ramšak A, Zimic N, Mraz M, Lebar Bajec I. Adiabatic pipelining: A key to ternary computing with quantum dots. Nanotechnology, 19(49):495401, 2008.
- Pečar P, Mraz M, Zimic N, Janež M, Lebar Bajec I. Solving the ternary quantum-dot cellular automata logic gate problem by means of adiabatic switching. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 47(6):5000-5006, 2008.
- Lebar Bajec I, Mraz M. Multi-valued Logic Based on Quantum-dot Cellular Automata. International Journal of Unconventional Computing 3(4):311-322, 2007.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. Towards the bottom-up concept: Extended quantum-dot cellular automata. Microelectronic Engineering 83(4-9):1826-1829, 2006.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. The ternary quantum-dot cell and ternary logic. Nanotechnology 17(8):1937-1942, 2006.
- Zimic N, Mraz M. Decomposition of a Complex Fuzzy Controller for the Truck&Trailer Reverse Parking Problem. Mathematical and Computer Modelling 43(5-6): 632-645, 2006.
- Lebar Bajec I, Zimic N, Mraz M. Simulating Flocks on the Wing: The Fuzzy Approach. Journal of Theoretical Biology 233(2):199-220, 2005.
- Lebar Bajec I, Trunk P, Oseli D, Zimic N. Virtual Coronary Cineangiography. Computers in Biology and Medicine 33(3):293-302, 2003.
- Mraz M, Zimic N, Virant J, Ficzko J. Fuzzy Cellular Automata and Fuzzy Sequential Circuits. In: Leondes CT (Ed.), Intelligent Systems: Technology and Applications, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2003, II-211-II-256.
- Mraz M. The Design of Intelligent Control of a Kitchen Refrigerator. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 56:259-267, 2001.
- Mraz M, Zimic N, Lapanja I, Virant J, Skirt B. Fuzzy Techniques in Intelligent Household Appliances. In: Jain L, De Wilde P (Eds.), Practical Applications of Computational Intelligence Techniques, Kluwer Academic Publishers, London, UK, 2001, 121-145.
- Mraz M, Zimic N, Lapanja I, Virant J. Notes on Fuzzy Cellular Automata. Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers 17(5):469-476, 2000.
- Virant J, Zimic N, Mraz M. T-type Fuzzy Memory Cell. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 102:175-183, 1999.
- Mraz M, Zimic N, Virant J. Intelligent Bush Fire Spread Prediction Using Fuzzy Cellular Automata. Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems 7:203-207, 1999.
- Virant J, Zimic N. Attention to Time in Fuzzy Logic. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 82:39-49, 1996.
- Virant J, Zimic N. Fuzzy Automata with Fuzzy Relief. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems 3(1):69-74, 1995.
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme (P2-0359), 2009−2017
- Designed cellular logic, Basic Research and Application Project (J1-6740), 2014−2017
- Communication protocols for medical applications, Basic Research and Application Project (L2-6272), 2004−2007
- Introduction of fuzzy logic into the process of defence system management, Target Research programmes (M2-0170), 2006−2008
- Optimization of resiliency and fast convergence in the Ethernet network environment, Industry-Funded Project (03/FRI-IT/ES-2006), 2006−2009
- Flexible display with an integrated communication module , Industry-Funded Project (TP MIR 07/RR/19), 2007−2009
- Randomness verification and irregularity analysis of a mechanical random generator that is to be part of a game machine, Industry-Funded Project , 2008−2008
- Analysis of MTBF determination and Selecitve QinQ implementation, Industry-Funded Project (S-619), 2009−2009
- Computer vision for mobile computing and interaction, Basic Research and Application Project (J2-221 (C)), 2009−2012
- Development of a new algorithm for the extrapolation of properties of skeletal muscles from an analogue signal, Industry-Funded Project , 2010−2010
- Medical Images Compression, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-BA/10-11-026), 2010−2011
- RFID-F2F, RFID from Farm to Fork, International Project (E200), 2010−2012
- KC OPCOMM - Open Communication Platform for Service Integration, Structural Funds Project (3211-10-000468), 2011−2013
- Creative Path to Practical Knowledge, Structural Funds Project , 2014−2014
- Automatic annotation of medical video sequences, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-BA/14-15-035), 2014−2015