The Information Systems Laboratory is involved in basic research in the field of Information and Database Systems. The following primary areas of research are currently being pursued:
- Software Development Methodologies (SDM)
- Contemporary approaches to software development
- IT/IS Strategy Planning
- IT Governance
- Enterprise architecture
Mobile business and mobile applications
- Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Semantic web and knowledge discovery
- Data Mining applications and Decision Support Systems
- Service oriented architecture
- Assoc. Prof. Marjan Krisper, PhD, Head
- Assist. Prof. Rok Rupnik, PhD
- Assist. Prof. Damjan Vavpotič, PhD
- Assist. Prof. Ana Šaša Bastinos, PhD
- Lecturer Matej Grom, MSc, Technical support
- Assist. Prof. Tomaž Hovelja, PhD
- Marko Colnar, PhD
- as. Marina Trkman
- as. Simon Vrhovec
- Cyprian Laskowski, PhD
We develop software tool AMT (Agile Methodology Toolset) for documenting, adapting and assesing system development methodologies.
- ŠAŠA, Ana, KRISPER, Marjan. Multi-criteria decision making in ontologies. Information Sciences, 2012, str. 1-18.
- VAVPOTIČ, Damjan, VASILECAS, Olegas. Selecting a methodology for business information systems development : decision model and tool support. Computer Science and Information Systems, 2012, Let. 9, Št. 1, str. 135-164.
- VAVPOTIČ, Damjan, HOVELJA, Tomaž. Improving the evaluation of software development methodology adoption and its impact on enterprise performance. Computer Science and Information Systems, 2012, Let. 9, Št. 1, str. 165-187.
- VASILECAS, Olegas, DUBAUSKAITÈ, Rüta, RUPNIK, Rok. Consistency checking of UML business model. Technol. econ. dev. econ. (Spausd.). [Print ed.], 2011, vol. 17, no. 1, str. 133-150.
- ŠAŠA, Ana, KRISPER, Marjan. Enterprise architecture patterns for business process support analysis. Journal of Systems and Software, 2011, Let. 84, Št. 9, str. 1480-1506.
- ŠAŠA, Ana, VASILECAS, Olegas. Ontology-based support for complex events. Elektron. elektrotech. 2011, no. 7, str. 83-88.
- VAVPOTIČ, Damjan, BAJEC, Marko. An approach for concurrent evaluation of technical and social aspects of software development methodologies. Information and software technology, 2009, Let. 51, Št. 2, str. 528-545.
- LAVBIČ, Dejan, RUPNIK, Rok. Multi-agent system for decision support in enterprises. Journal of information and organizational sciences, 2009, Let. 33, Št. 2, str. 269-284.
- ŠAŠA, Ana, JURIČ, Matjaž B., KRISPER, Marjan. Service-oriented framework for human task support and automation. IEEE transactions on industrial informatics, 2008, Let. 4, Št. 4, str. 292-302.
- RUPNIK, Rok, KUKAR, Matjaž, KRISPER, Marjan. Integrating data mining and decision support through data mining based decision support system. The Journal of computer information systems, 2007, Let. 47, Št. 3, str. 89-104.
- RUPNIK, Rok, KUKAR, Matjaž. Decision support system to support decision processes with data mining. Journal of information and organizational sciences, 2007, Let. 31, Št. 1, str. 217-232.
- BAJEC Marko, MARJAN Krisper. A methodology and tool support for business rule management in organisations. Information Systems, 2005, Let. 30, str. 423–443.
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme (P2-0359), 2009−2017
- Implementation of the student records information system at the Faculty of Machine Engineering, Industry-Funded Project (S-471A), 2003−2007
- Design and implementation of multi agent system for inovative forms of support to decision processes in modern organizations, Target Research programmes (V2-0132), 2004−2006
- Mastering the development process and information technologies in developing solutions for electronic business, Structural Funds Project , 2004−2006
- Strategic Consulting for Information System Development and IT Governence – Second Phase, Industry-Funded Project , 2005−2006
- Analysis of IT processes based on CobIT framework – Second Phase, Industry-Funded Project , 2006−2006
- The development of a prototype for Revenue Assurance in telecommunications, Industry-Funded Project , 2007−2008
- KC CLASS - Cloud Assisted Services, Structural Funds Project (3211-10-000467), 2011−2013
- KC OPCOMM - Open Communication Platform for Service Integration, Structural Funds Project (3211-10-000468), 2011−2013
- MAK - Mobile applications for farms, Structural Funds Project , 2012−2014
- e-DCES – Dynamic competence-based expert system, Structural Funds Project , 2013−2014
- AGROIT - Increasing the efficiency of farming through on open standards based AgroIT platform, European Project (Framework Programmes) (621031), 2014−2016