In the Laboratory of Adaptive Systems and Parallel Processing, founded in 1991, the main basic and application research themes are from the areas of soft computing, natural algorithms and distributed systems.
The core of the research work is in the following areas of:
- soft computing or artificial neural networks, evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy logic, mostly from the viewpoint of the learning algorithms and corresponding applications,
- distributed systems and digital modeling,
- information theory and the evaluation of adaptive systems on its basis.
Because of very demanding procedures in terms of processing time and due to the interdisciplinary causes, our work is spread also on the areas like:
- distributed processing and programming on the computer clusters and/or GRID environments,
- cellular structures and systems in relation with programmable technology FPGA,
- management and informatization of the industrial processes.
- Assoc. Prof. Uroš Lotrič, PhD, head
- Prof. Branko Šter, PhD, lecturer
- as. Nejc Ilc, teaching assistant
- as. Davor Sluga, teaching assistant
- as. Tom Vodopivec, teaching assistant
- Prof. Andrej Dobnikar, PhD, retired professor
- B. Šter, A. Dobnikar. Modelling the environment of a mobile robot with the embedded flow state machine, J. intell. robot. syst., 46(2), 182-199, 2006.
- I. Jeras, A. Dobnikar. Cellular automata preimages : count and list algorithm. V: V. N. Alexandrov (ur.). Computational science - ICCS 2006 : 6th International Conference, Reading, UK, May 28-31, 2006 : proceedings. Part 1-4, (Lecture notes in computer science. Berlin: Springer, cop., pp.345-352, 2006.
- U. Lotrič. Wavelet Based Denoising Integrated into Multilayered Perceptron, Neurocomputing, 62, pp. 179–196, 2004.
- B. Šter. An Integrated Learning Approach to Environment Modelling in Mobile Robot Navigation. Neurocomputing, 57, pp. 213–238, 2004.
- B. Šter, A. Dobnikar. Adaptive Radial Basis Decomposition by Learning Vector Quantization, Neural Processing Letters, 18(1), pp. 17–27, 2003.
- U. Lotrič, A. Dobnikar. Matrix Formulation of Multilayered Perceptron with a Denoising Unit, Electrotechnical Review 70(4), 221–226, 2003.
- B. Šter. Latched recurrent neural network, Electrotechnical Review 70 (1-2): 46-51, 2003.
- I. Gabrijel, A. Dobnikar. On-line identification and reconstruction of finite automata with generalized recurrent neural networks, Neural Networks, 16(1): 101–121, 2003.
Activities and Events
Organization of the international conference ICANNGA 2011 in Ljubljana.
- Synergy of the technological systems and processes, Research Programme (P2-0241), 2009−2019
- Data mining of combined bases of mixing recipies and compound testing with soft computing methods, Basic Research and Application Project (L2-6460), 2004−2007
- Relating the physical properties of polymeric materials by parallel implementation of soft computing methods, Basic Research and Application Project (L2-6143), 2004−2007
- Global GRID for data mining with soft computing on large data bases , Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-PT/06-07-008), 2006−2007
- Development and realization of on-line regulation of compound mixer with soft computing methods, Industry-Funded Project (IPMT-001/2006/FRI-LASPP-001), 2006−2008
- Modeling of complex dynamic systems with soft computing methods, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-PL/10-11-014), 2010−2011
- Automatic annotation of medical video sequences, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-BA/14-15-035), 2014−2015