Research activities of Laboratory of e-media belong to the field of informatics with the following specific focuses:
- security and privacy in computer networks and information systems;
- advanced informatics (e-business) and advanced computer communications;
- human factor research and modeling.
The concrete results include protocols (including patents) that are providing security and privacy in environments with limited computational resources, such as smart cards and sensor networks. Further, the results also include methodologies for formal verification of desired security objectives. Further, the results include simulation models that are based on system dynamics (management of large scale organizational structures and critical infrastructures) and technological solutions for trust management in the global networks, and ubiquitous computing environments. These solutions are of a multi-disciplinary nature. Last but not least, the results include implementations of supply chains management in food sector based on RFID technologies.
Publication results of Laboratory of e-media include papers published in high ranking international journals (like those published by Elsevier and the IEEE), as well as monographs published by renowned publishers (like Springer, Francis & Taylor).
Laboratory of e-Media has an extensive international collaboration network; it participates in national, as well as European projects. Its references also include several examples of transfer of new knowledge to the market. Last but not least, members of the laboratory are involved in important international organizations.
The SALUS consortium (where LEM FRI UL is among core partners) has received ICCA 2016 award.
Where are we?
You can find us at Faculty for computer and information science, Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, EU, in the third floor room nr. 50 (R3.50).
- Damjan Kovač, PhD
- Balu Deokate
- as. Jernej Kos
- as. Iztok Starc, MSc
- as. Damjan Tratnik
- Eva Zupančič, PhD
Some developed implementations
Supply chain management
Scalable Sybil-tolerant routing
- A distributed emulation testbed, which enables evaluation of routing protocols on large topologies.
- The U-Sphere protocol, enabling scalable routing on large topologies and is tolerant to Sybil attacks.
- The implementation is available as a set of C++ libraries.
Call for Applications - PhD students positions
Prospective students (can be from Slovenia, EU, or any other state) are invited to apply for PhD degree. (mainly research, and partially teaching positions). Check the list of available research areas.
TRČEK, Denis, KOVAČ, Damjan. Formal apparatus for measurement of lightweight protocols. Comput. stand. interfaces, Feb. 2009, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 305-308.
TRČEK, Denis. A formal apparatus for modeling trust in computing environments. Math. comput. model., 2008, pp. 1-8, ilupp., doi: 10.1016/j.mcm.2008.05.005.
TRČEK, Denis, TROBEC, Roman, PAVEŠIĆ, Nikola, TASIČ, Jurij F. Information systems security and human behavior. Behav. inf. technol., 2007, vol. 26, št. 2, pp. 113-118.
TRČEK, Denis. Security models : Refocusing on the human factor. IEEE Computer (Long Beach Calif.), 2006, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 103-104.
KOVAČ, Damjan, TRČEK, Denis. Qualitative trust modeling in SOA. J. systems archit., 2009, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 255-263, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/13837621.
TRČEK, Denis. Using systems dynamics for human resources management in information systems security. Kybernetes, 2006, vol. 35, no. 7-8, pp. 1014-1023.
TRČEK, Denis. Using system dynamics for managing risks in information systems. WSEAS transactions on information science and applications, Feb. 2008, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 175-180.
TRČEK, Denis. MAC based lightweight protocols for strong authentication and key exchange. J. inf. sci. eng., 2005, vol. 21, pp. 1-13.
TRČEK, Denis. Towards trust management standardization. Comput. stand. interfaces, 2004, vol. 26, pp. 543-548.
TRČEK, Denis, NOVAK, Roman, KANDUS, Gorazd, SUŠELJ, Marjan. Slovene smart card and IP based health-care information system infrastructure. International journal of medical informatics, 2001, vol. 61, pp. 33-43.
TRČEK, Denis. Security policy conceptual modeling and formalization for networked information systems. Comput. commun., 2000, vol. 23, pp. 1716-1723.
TRČEK, Denis. Minimizing the risk of electronic document forgery. Comput. stand. interfaces, 1998, vol. 19, pp. 161-167.
TRČEK, Denis. Organization of certification authorities in a global network. Comput. secur. j., 1994, vol. 10, pp. 71-81.
TRČEK, Denis. An integral framework for information systems security management. Comput. secur., 2003, vol. 22, pp. 337-359.
TRČEK, Denis, KANDUS, Gorazd. Trust management in E-business systems - from taxonomy to trust engine architecture. WSEAS Trans. Syst., 2003, vol. 2, pp. 151-155.
TRČEK, Denis, KANDUS, Gorazd. Information systems security policy - human factor modeling and simulation. WSEAS Trans. Comput., 2003, vol. 2, pp. 339-342.
TRČEK, Denis, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Certificates handling and their support within X.500 system. Microprocess. microprogram., 1993, vol. 39, pp. 183-186.
JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, TRČEK, Denis, KLOBUČAR, Tomaž, BRAČUN, Franc. A tool for support of key distribution and validity certificate check in global Directory service. Comput. netw. ISDN systems, 1996, vol. 28, pp. 709-717.
TRČEK, Denis, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Formal language for security services base modeling and analysis. Comput. commun., 1995, vol. 18, pp. 921-928.
TRČEK, Denis, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka. Certification authorities in a global network - procedures and guidelines for a public key infrastructure. Aust. comput. j., 1997, 29, pp. 41-47.
TRČEK, Denis, JERMAN-BLAŽIČ, Borka, PAVEŠIĆ, Nikola. Security policy space definition and structuring. Comput. stand. interfaces, 1996, vol. 18, pp. 191-195.
TRČEK, Denis. Managing information systems security and privacy. Berlin; Heidelberg; New York: Springer, 2006. XIII, 235 pp.,ISBN 3-540-28103-7. ISBN 978-3-540-28103-0.
Chapters in Scientific Monographs
TRČEK, Denis, Computationally Supported Quantitative Risk Management for Information Systems, In: Performance Models and Risk Management in Communications Systems, Eds. N. Gülpınar, P. Harrison, R. Ber, Springer, Heidelberg / New York, 2010.
TRČEK, Denis, Jappinen Pekka, RFID Security. Eds: ZHANG, Yan, ZHENG, Jun, MA, Miao. RFID and Sensor Networks: Architectures, Protocols, Security and Integrations; Auerbach / Francis & Taylor, London, 2009.
TRČEK, Denis. Security and privacy in RFID based wireless networks. Eds: ZHANG, Yan, ZHENG, Jun, MA, Miao. Handbook of research on wireless security. Hershey; New York; London: Information Science Reference: IGI Global, 2008, vol. 2, pp. 723-731.
TRČEK, Denis. E-business systems security for intelligent enterprise. Eds: GUPTA, Jatinder N. D., SHARMA, Sushil K.. Intelligent enterprises of the 21st century. Hershey [etc.]: Idea Group Pub., 2004, pp. 302-320.
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme (P2-0359), 2009−2017
- Relating the physical properties of polymeric materials by parallel implementation of soft computing methods, Basic Research and Application Project (L2-6143), 2004−2007
- Lightweight services for security, privacy and trust management, Basic Research and Application Project (J2-9649), 2007−2009
- Advanced technologies for digital forensics, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-NO/07-09-0003), 2007−2009
- COST IS0605 - A Telecommunications Economics COST Network - Econ@Tel, International Project , 2007−2011
- The Reference Innovations Model, Basic Research and Application Project (J5-0425), 2008−2011
- COST Agreement Technologies (Action IC0801), International Project , 2008−2012
- SAKE: Web Architecture as a Learning Technology for Constructivist e-Learning, Structural Funds Project (3211-09-000541), 2009−2010
- SEMPOC - Simulation Exercise to Manage Power Cut Crises , European Project (Framework Programmes) (JLS/2008/CIPS/024), 2009−2011
- Managing technical, busines and social implications of Internet of things in Slovene environment, Target Research programmes (V2-1022), 2010−2011
- Medical Images Compression, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-BA/10-11-026), 2010−2011
- RFID-F2F, RFID from Farm to Fork, International Project (E200), 2010−2012
- E-health care process support, Basic Research and Application Project (L7-3653), 2010−2013
- SALUS - Security And InteroperabiLity in Next Generation PPDR CommUnication InfrastructureS, European Project (Framework Programmes) , 2013−2016
- Automatic annotation of medical video sequences, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-BA/14-15-035), 2014−2015
- Trust Management and Reputation Systems, Bilateral Collaboration Project (BI-AR/15-17-004), 2015−2016