The prime area of research interest is efficient data handling in distributed pervasive environments, which store terabytes of data that present a challenge in at least two areas: the efficient storage and handling of the data. The distributed environment is inherently capable of parallel processing and requires a proper data and work distribution.
Currently our research is concentrated on three areas: unstructured text handling, data deduplication and on-line streaming data processing.
The work performed also overlaps with the area of Computer Science Education.
- Andrej Brodnik, PhD, head of laboratory
- as. Gašper Fele Žorž, PhD
- as. Matevž Jekovec
- Nataša Mori
- Metabolic and inborn factors of reproducive health, birth , Research Programme (P3-0124), 2004−2019
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme (P2-0359), 2009−2017
- CREA - Network of summer academies for the improvement of entrepreneurship ininnovative sectors, European Project (Framework Programmes) ( 644988), 2015−2017
- SAKE: Web Architecture as a Learning Technology for Constructivist e-Learning, Structural Funds Project (3211-09-000541), 2009−2010
- HESUDI - HEalthcare Support Using Domotics and IT, International Project , 2013−2014