The Software Engineering Laboratory is involved in teaching and research in the areas of Software Engineering and Information Systems with an emphasis on Software Quality Management, Software Metrics, Information Systems Development, Information Systems Audit and Control, and Data Warehouses. The staff has recently worked on two international projects within the EC TEMPUS and INCO-COPERNICUS programs, as well as on several development projects for the industry. The following areas of research are currently being pursued:
1. In Software Quality Management: Comparative studies of different software quality models (SW-CMM, ISO 9000 family of standards, SPICE, Bootstrap etc.). Adaptation of SW-CMM to the needs of small orga-nizations. Personal and Team Software Process.
2. In Software Metrics: Different approaches to software measurements (e.g. GQM, bottom-up). Definition of appropriate metrics for the deve-lopment of applications in a database environment. Development of a metrics model to support the level 4 of SW-CMM in small organizations.
3. In Information Systems Audit and Control: Investigation of systematic approaches (such as COBIT) to IT control and audit in order to help IT professionals in developing and maintaining information systems that would satisfy fiduciary, security and quality requirements.
4. In Information Systems and Data Warehouses: Agile methodologies for information systems development. Development of administrative and management information systems for higher education institutions. Information quality assessment and improvement.
- Prof. Viljan Mahnič, PhD, Head
- Lecturer Igor Rožanc, PhD
- as. Marko Poženel, PhD
- Slavko Drnovšček
- Rok Štebe
- I. Rožanc, V. Mahnič. The adaptation of the CAL system Ceilidh for teaching the Oberon language. In K. Sarlin (ed.) Information Technology Shaping European Universities, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland, June 1999, pp. 79–84.
- V. Mahnič, I. Rožanc. Data quality: a prerequisite for successful data warehouse implementation. Informatica (Ljublj.), 2001, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 183–188.
- N. Žabkar, V. Mahnič. Managing service level agreement. In: J. Pour, J. Vodíšek (eds.). Systems Integration 2001: 9th International Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, June 11–12, 2001: proceedings. Prague: Prague University of Economics, 2001, pp. 679–686.
- V. Mahnič, B. Klepec, N. Žabkar. IS audit checklist for router management performed by third-party. EUROCON 2001, International Conference on Trends in Communications, Bratislava: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, 2001, Vol. 1, pp. 227–230.
- J. von Knop, P. Schirmbacher, V. Mahnič (eds.). The Changing Universities – The Role of Technology. The 7th International Conference of European University Information Systems, Lecture Notes in Informatics – Proceedings, German Informatics Society (GI), Bonn, 2002.
- Implementation of the student records information system at the Faculty of Machine Engineering, Industry-Funded Project (S-471A), 2003−2007
- International Multi-conference Information Society , Industry-Funded Project (S-465), 2006−2007
- Student records information system e-Student, Industry-Funded Project (S-464), 2006−2008