I am assistant professor at Faculty of Computer and Information Science and member of Laboratory for Computer Graphics and Multimedia.
My research interests are in the field of computer music, especially music information retrieval. Research topics include audio melody and rhythm extraction, segmentation and organization and searching in music collections.
Activities and Events
- CAD I, Academy of Arts and Design
- CAD II, Academy of Arts and Design
- CREA - Network of summer academies for the improvement of entrepreneurship ininnovative sectors, European Project (Framework Programmes), 644988, 2015−2017
- eExperiments - Modern teaching of natural sciences using flexible open source measuring system, Structural Funds Project, 2015−2015
- EtnoFletno: Slovenian folk song and music on mobile devices, Structural Funds Project, 2014−2015
- PerceiveConceive: an application for ICT-supported inclusion of blind and visually impaired youth in society, Structural Funds Project, 2014−2015
- Publication Browsing System, Industry-Funded Project, 2014−2015
- Clicker Classroom Response System, Industry-Funded Project, 0240-44/2013-66, 2014−2014
- Click to Homeland: A multimedia presentation of Slovenian emigrants' cultural heritage on the Web, Target Research programmes, V5-1033, 2010−2012
- ASPECT: Adopting Standards and Specifications for Educational Content, European Project (Framework Programmes), ECP-2007-EDU-417008, 2008−2011
- ETNOKATALOG: retrieval of semantic data from folk song and music, based on melodic and metro-rhythmic analysis, Basic Research and Application Project, J6-0145, 2008−2011
- SAKE: Web Architecture as a Learning Technology for Constructivist e-Learning, Structural Funds Project, 3211-09-000541, 2009−2010
- DIDIKTA - analysis and development of didactics in ICT supported teaching and learning, Target Research programmes, V5-0425, 2008−2010
- MELT: A Metadata Ecology for Learning and Teaching, European Project (Framework Programmes), ECP-2005-EDU-038103, 2006−2009
- ETHNOMUSE: multimedia digital archive of slovenian folk music and folk dance culture, Target Research programmes, V2-0216, 2006−2008
- e-VIZUS: Informatization of learning and training in Slovenian Armed Forces, Target Research programmes, M5-0164, 2006−2007
- E-materials for computer science and informatics, Structural Funds Project, 3311-06-297038, 2006−2007
- Digital archive of Slovenian folk songs, Bilateral Collaboration Project, 2005−2006
- AgentGrid: Multi-Agent System Development using Grid, Target Research programmes, V2-0129, 2004−2006
- Marolt M. (2012). Automatic Transcription of Bell Chiming Recordings. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol 20, no. 3, pp. 844-853.
- Ramšak, M., Kaučič, B., Marolt, M. (2011). Influence of file converters on keyword extraction with Kea. Proceedings of ICERI 2011, Valencia, IATED, 2011, pp. 3437-3443.
- Marolt, M., Lefeber, M. (2010). It's time for a song - transcribing recordings of bell-playing clocks. Proceedings of ISMIR 2010, August 9-13, 2010, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Strle G., Marolt M. (2010). Etnomuza : digitalni multimedijski arhiv slovenskih ljudskih pesmi in glasbe. Traditones - Inšt. slov. narodop. Ljubljana, 2010, letn. 39, št. 2, str. 149-166.
- Marolt M. (2009). Probabilistic Segmentation and Labeling of Ethnomusicological Field Recordings, Proceedings of ISMIR 2009, Kobe, Japan.
- Bohak, C., Marolt M. (2009). Calculating Similarity of Folk Song Variants with Melody-based Features, Proceedings of ISMIR 2009, Kobe, Japan.
- Marolt M. (2008). A Mid-Level Representation for Melody-based Retrieval in Audio Collections. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Dec. 2008, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1617-1625.
- Timmers R., Marolt M., Camurri A., Volpe G. (2006). Listeners' emotional engagement with performances of a Scriabin étude: an explorative case study. Psychology of Music 34: 481-510.
- Marolt, Matija (2004). A connectionist approach to automatic transcription of polyphonic piano music. IEEE trans. multimedia, 2004, pp. 439-449
- Marolt, Matija (2004). Networks of adaptive oscillators for partial tracking and transcription of music recordings. J. new music res., 2004, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 49-59
Other publications (with full text in PDF).