Dr. Mira Trebar is an Assistant Professor and the head of the Laboratory for Computer Architecture at the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana. Her research activities were aimed at computer systems and soft computing methods (neural networks and support vector machine) in different kind of classification and prediction problems. Since 2009, she is a member of research program Pervasive computing which covers new computing paradigms and strongly linked networks with diverse computing devices.
By discovering the possibilities and emerge importance of radiofrequency identification in computer science applications, she started to encourage students with mentoring their bachelor thesis by using the technology in smart home applications and other fields. In 2008 she started the collaboration with a group at the University of Wolverhampton, UK and became a partner in an European project F2F – RFID from Farm to Fork which started in 2010. The main interest and the work done by now includes a traceability in a supply chain management system by using RFID technology to improve business processes of SMEs and build a database of the events in the supply chain.
Teacher ID: 276
Activities and Events
Research program: Pervasive computing
EU project: RFID from Farm to Fork, Food traceability - Fish pilot (Slovenia)
- Pervasive computing, Research Programme, P2-0359, 2009−2017
- Automatic annotation of medical video sequences, Bilateral Collaboration Project, BI-BA/14-15-035, 2014−2015
- RFID-F2F, RFID from Farm to Fork, International Project, E200, 2010−2012
- Medical Images Compression, Bilateral Collaboration Project, BI-BA/10-11-026, 2010−2011
- Relating the physical properties of polymeric materials by parallel implementation of soft computing methods, Basic Research and Application Project, L2-6143, 2004−2007