Project type: Basic Research and Application Project
Project duration: 2009 - 2012
Collaborators on project
The projects aim is an important and lasting contribution to the field of research combining semantically marked, assembled, multimodal content from distributed sources combined with the frame development for delivering this content to users, connected to ubiquitous and trusted network services, in line with the SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) concept.
The primary research goals are:
- Development of models for reliable content, semantic labeling of information and processes for measuring semantic density of the systems structural dynamics and integrated profiling of information;
- Development of methods for abstracting and processing semantically labeled content with the intent of greater usability for information management and processing and the extraction of knowledge;
- Development of methods for semantic enrichment which is a method that helps with tasks (such as executive, learning or research tasks or the combination of listed) for obtaining higher qualityin a shorter period of time.
The framework will likely have the following characteristics:
- It will introduce an ubiquitous, user oriented, flexible portal for data management and knowledge extraction, which has a dynamic structure. Its development aim is to increase the semantic density of information;
- Knowledge will be modeled hierarchically and will link the content with meta-data, rules and semantic annotations;
- Domain ontology, content, user profile and the technological environment will be combined.